Thanks for checking out my page! I’m an illustrator and graphic designer currently working in the Chattanooga area as the marketing design manager for a nationally-recognized brand. I have over ten years of professional creative experience in both freelance, agency, and in-house environments, and I am always looking for new techniques to improve my design and technical skills.
My main areas of expertise include illustration, art direction, web design, HTML/CSS coding, letterpress, and printmaking. My art is inspired equally by my love of retro design and my eye for modern aesthetics, so I feel just as at home working on an Art Nouveau-inspired print as I do a sleek corporate webpage.
I am a detail-oriented artist with a desire to create the best possible design for my employers, big or small. Some of the clients I’ve been privileged to work with in the past include the Lynchburg Whiskey Runners Car Club, Keener Marketing, Waldenhouse Publishers, Inc., and the city of Adams, TN.
Recently I’ve been expanding my artistic horizons by doing illustration work on a web comic and a new children’s book, and I’ve also joined Patreon which has led to some fun side projects. When I’m not hard at work creating awesome art for my day job, I also enjoy exploring my many hobbies and interests, which include linocut design, rock music, running, karate kempo, vintage car shows, antiques, and animals (especially puppies).
Now that you know a little bit about me, I hope you enjoy looking through the art on my website and on my social accounts (links below). I’d love to hear from you, so please feel free to reach out on social or email. Have a great day!
Illustrator / Graphic Designer • Everywhere/Telecommute • 2008 – Present
- Freelance services in illustration and print/web design .
Design Manager / Graphic Designer • Check Into Cash, Inc., Cleveland, TN • 2011 – Present
- Meet and correspond with clients to determine client needs for company websites.
- Create graphics for email, landing pages, websites, and various print materials.
- Provide art direction for Check Into Cash and its affiliates in related businesses.
- Develop and maintain websites utilizing HTML/CSS and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Oversee quality assurance of finished websites, including the validation of web forms and links.
- Supervise designers while providing guidance and motivation on projects.
Graphic Designer • Elevation Design Agency, Huntsville, AL • 2010 – 2011
- Guided clients in discovering and crafting their visual brand identity.
- Performed HTML/CSS coding and maintenance for clients’ websites.
Graphic Designer • CENTURY 21 Mid-State Realty, LLC., Winchester, TN • 2009 – 2010
- Oversaw the design and layout of the company’s magazine and print postcards.
Graphic Designer • Tullahoma News, Tullahoma, TN • 2008 – 2009
- Designed and prepared advertisements for print in a fast-paced work environment.
Intern • Isle of Printing, Nashville, TN • 2007 – 2008
- Experienced producing letterpress prints for clients.
- Learned concepts for illustration and client relations.
Experienced in print preparation and production (including offset, letterpress, and silkscreen printing), and gallery presentation.
Comprehensive knowledge of HTML/CSS coding, CMS (WordPress), Bootstrap, Shopify, and WCAG 2.0 Compliance.
Experienced with digital and traditional illustration, including concept, composition, ideas, storyboards, and narration.
Mac / PC Programs
Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, Word, PowerPoint
Leadership proven by the ability to train, supervise, motivate, and evaluate employees. Able to work with a team or independently.
B.F.A. Visual Communications • Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, TN
Associates of Science in General Studies • Motlow State Community College, Lynchburg, TN
Riverfest Juried Art Show • 2018 • 1st Place Drawing / 3rd Place Overall
Winchester Wriggle Art Walk • 2015
Winchester Wriggle Art Walk • 2014
Free Fall: Graphic Design Show • 2011
Retro Spin: Illustrations by Allison Lee • 2011
Goldsmith Press: True Stories • 2011
1st Ave Gallery, Open Art Friday Show • 2009
Austin Peay State University Alumni Art Show • 2009
Frist Center for the Visual Arts, New Edition: College Printmakers • 2009